Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Introductions

I created this blog for a couple of reasons. The first reason was due to a lack of information on PCL injuries and the second really was to keep a journal of my recovery post PCL reconstruction. I was inspired to write this after reading information from two PCL blogs and all the comments associated with them. My hope is that this blog will also be able to help others get through their PCL injuries/recoveries. I would encourage you to read the following blogs:

http://skinnygurl-mypclsurgeryandrecovery.blogspot.com/

http://pclrupture.blogspot.com/

I guess introductions are in order…My name is Jon, I am 39 years old and I live a very active life. When I am not chasing around my four year old son I practice Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, run, lift weights, scuba dive, and play guitar. While playing guitar is not a strenuous activity, getting into and maintaining the appropriate rock guitarist stance requires healthy knees. All joking aside, the point I am trying to make is that my life has been disrupted because I tore my PCL. I am looking forward to the months ahead with both excitement and apprehension. My PCL reconstruction surgery is scheduled for January 23, 2013.




1 comment:

  1. A torn anterior cruciate ligament acl tear is one of the most common and painful of sports injuries. It’s common because so many popular sports (soccer, football, basketball, skiing, etc.) involve cutting, pivoting and extension of the legs during the sport. It’s painful because it involves the ligaments in your knee, which is the most nerve-rich joint in your body. - See more at: http://www.tuckahoeortho.com/blog/4-acl-tear-symptoms-how-to-recover/#sthash.kRC9654y.dpuf

    ReplyDelete