Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 14 Post PCL Reconstruction - Patience is NOT Working for Me

Two week out and I am feeling pretty good. My only complaint is that I developed a slight allergic reaction to the beta-dine used during surgery. From my knee down I have a rash and my leg feels like its on fire.

A Lot has happened in the past 10 days, so I thought I would breakdown the major milestones.

Day 5 PPR (Post PCL Reconstruction): Took my first post op shower. This was the first day I started feeling human again.

Day 6 PPR: Returned to work. While I held up pretty well, I learned that one should not communicate via e-mail while under the influence of pain killers.

Day 8 PPR: Drove for the first (I stopped taking my narco pain meds 24 hours prior). Stitches were removed and replace by Steri-strips. Made it home safely from the OS office and promptly returned to taking pain meds.

Day 9 PPR: Went to Jiu Jitsu promotions and to my surprised was promoted.

Day 10 PPR: 100% off all pain meds.

Day 11 PPR: Was able to help the woman take our son to and from school. Driving is no longer painful.

This past Monday I started to push my workout routine and have started making significant progress with regards to rehab. Today I walked, using my crutches, for half a mile. I am performing the following workout 4 days per week (M, T, T, F):

ISO Knee Extension - 2 sets of 10 reps/Body Weight
ISO Hip Adduction - 2 sets of 10 reps/Body Weight
Resist Hip flx Supine - 2 sets of 10 reps/Body Weight
Gravity Hip abd - 2 sets of 10 reps/Body Weight
Assisted ROM (Range of Motion) - 2 sets of 10 reps/Body Weight
Single Legged Squat (Good Leg) - 2 sets of 10 reps/Body Weight
Toe Touch Walk

I will be headed back to Jiu Jitsu tomorrow to try some drilling...Hopefully this is not going to be a bad decision.

“Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't”
― Jerry Rice

3 comments:

  1. Hey jon thanks for this blog! I had my pcl reconstructed a week ago, its good to follow someone a bit ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete