Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 4 Post PCL Reconstruction

Today was my first follow up appointment post operation. I got to see my knee for the first time since the morning of my surgery. I still have a pretty good amount of swelling, seven puncture wounds, and a moderate amount of bruising. Overall the knee looks better than expected. I am also ahead of schedule from a recovery perspective. I have been able to reduce my pain med intake to one percocet every six hours and I am able to perform some basic exercises from my original physical therapy plan. I am hoping that this is a sign that all the pre-surgery PT and knee prep is going to pay off.

It turns out that I had a new PCL reconstruction technique performed on me. In fact I am the first person my doctor used this technique on. Here are some links about the procedure used on me, hopefully somebody will find the information useful:

Surgical Technique Brochure

Surgical Animation

So far I am happy with my current progress. I go back on Friday to get my stitches removed.





No comments:

Post a Comment